Monday, May 30, 2011

Din Tai Fung

I went to Din Tai Fung yesterday at Gardens. It was my forth time there :)
This restaurant never failed my expectation with their good quality food and services...

Here are some photos I took from Din Tai Fung- Singapore and Din Tai fung - KL.



Drunken Chicken - Rm 12.80
Best drunken chicken I had ever tasted.
The chicken skin was so springy and the meat was well blended with a hint of chinese wine.
Slurpp...



Shrimp and Pork Shaomai Rm 13.80
Be careful with this baby. When you bite on it, the juice will burst like crazy !
It's like a combination of Shaomai and Xiao Long Bao.
Very Special !



Vegetarian Jiao Zi Rm 10.80
I found this rather normal. The ones in Canton-I, Mid Valley tasted better.
You can skip this.



The ingredients were mushroom and some garlic chives.



Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wanton Rm 9.00
This was a MUST TRY ! It's not very spicy but the taste was very unique.
It tasted like szechuan sauce or chili oil sauce.
The combination of shrimp and pork here was genius.
It gave a very wonderful chewing sensation :)



Smoked Fish Rm 18.80
This one was Blah. You can forget about this too !



Pork Chop Fried Rice Rm 15.00
I liked this !! The rice were fluffy and fragrant.
And the pork chop was meaty !!! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.
Yums ! Must Try !



Hot and Sour La Mian Rm 12.50
This was the La Mian version. There's a soup version without the noodles too.
They both tasted the same.
Very Unique taste indeed.
The ingredients were black fungus slices, tofu slices, bamboo shoots slices and etc...
It's very very very appetizing ! My favourite !



Singapore - Pork Chop Fried Rice



Singapore - Xiao Long Bao
The reason I din't post this dish for KL is that, both looked the same :)
However, I must say that the Xiao Long Bao in Singapore tasted far better than the ones in KL.
I think, the dumpling skin was too thick and the meat was rather too little in KL ?
What do you think?
I miss the XLB in Soho, One Utama. But the restaurant had closed down. :(


Singapore - Drunken Chicken



Singapore - Pork Rolls
I couldn't find this in the KL's menu. This was fabulous.
The pork was rolled with a slice of fruit in it.
The saltiness of the meat and the sweetness of the fruit = YUMMY !


I would always wanna go back to this place. The service was very good.

The waiters was very attentive, friendly and helpful. Though, most of them speak Mandarin with a very thick accent which was kinda difficult to understand at first. It's also quite a down side for those who don't understand Mandarin :(

Find a translator friend if you don't understand complicated Mandarin ! hehehe...


Overall rating : 9/10
Verdict : will always go back again :)

This restaurant is located at :

Lot LG 207 Lower Ground
The Gardens, Midvalley City
Lingkaran Syed Putra
59200 Kuala Lumpur


Happy Hunting !

1 comment:

Daniel Khaw said...

Can't believe that the smoked chicken taste bad.